Younique Tips and Tricks show you how to get that professional look right at home
Younique Mascara Tips
Younique Tips and Tricks
Younique Makeup Tips
With a few tips and tricks, you don’t have to be a professional to have fabulous looking makeup. It has taken me years to learn my face shape, what colors flatter me, how much to apply, and how to apply it so that it looks beautiful and natural. But, I think I’ve finally perfected my morning routine!
You don’t have to spend hours doing it, either. Once you have the know-how, you’ll see just how much makeup can accentuate your best features and hide those that aren’t as favorable. Here are a few makeup tips and tricks that you’ll wish you had known a long, long time ago!
|Lashes||Moodstruck 3D fiber Lashes|
Younique Tips and Tricks
- Eye Highlights:
The placement of highlights is very important when trying to create naturally beautiful eye makeup. Your lighter colors (whites, creams, and pearls) should be applied in the inner corners, the middle of the eye, and just under your brow bone. Apply your lightest colors first, and then move on to your darker shades.
- Refresh Mascara: Let’s face it, this happens to every tube of mascara over time. The problem is it dries out and then starts to form unattractive lumps. To help prevent this, don’t pump your mascara trying to get more on your wand; you’re basically pumping air into the tube causing it to dry out even faster. Add a drop or two of Visine (or any brand of eye drops) into the tube, and then rub the wand around inside. The Visine softens the mascara liquid, making it apply as if it were a brand new tube!
- Smoother Lips:
Use a baby toothbrush to exfoliate your lips. To really get the job done, you can make a homemade lip exfoliate with sugar and coconut oil, or easier but not as effective, cover your lips in lip balm or petroleum jelly before scrubbing.
- Eye Illusion: If you don’t already own a white pencil, invest in one now just for this simple trick! Instead of lining your waterline with dark eyeliner, use a white pencil to create the illusion of a bigger eye.
- Eyeshadow Pop:
Have you ever purchased a vibrant color of shadow that once applied appears rather dull? The key to making those colors pop is a white base. Use a white eyeliner and cover your entire lid before applying the color of your choice.
- Curl Those Lashes: Hold a blow dryer up next to your lash curler for about 3-5 seconds. The heat works the same way as it does with your curling iron, giving you those flirty lashes that will last all day. Get the most out of your lash curler by pinching at the very base of your lashes, and then lifting the curler up into an inverted position. This creates double the curl and lasts much longer!
- Secret Eye Lift: Sweep a light pink matte pencil across the entire length of your brow bone to create the illusion of a higher arch, and then blend, blend, blend! It should not be
- Contouring: When applied right, contouring can define your cheekbones and jaw line, reduce the look of a double chin, minimize a larger nose, and lift sagging eyes. It’s basically using makeup to highlight and accentuate your features. This is especially important for photos, as the camera tends to pick up shadows and highlights better than the naked eye.For the most part, your t-zone and under eye area is where you want to highlight, and the outer portion of your face, underneath your cheekbones, and your neck is where you want to define with a darker color. Keep in mind, blending is key for a natural look! This may take some practice at first.
- Fuller Lips:
As it turns out, we weren’t all blessed with Angelina Jolie’s lush lips. Now, there are a few tricks to making them appear larger (a glossy lip being one), but for a more dramatic effect, don’t be afraid to line your lips just outside of your natural line. When I say just outside of your natural line, I mean slightly. You don’t want to look like a clown by overdoing it!
- Downward Strokes: Although you want to wash your face and apply your moisturizer with upwards strokes to help lessen fine lines and a sagging face, the opposite is true for foundation and powder. Most of us have a little bit of hair on our face, and it tends to grow downwards. If you apply your makeup with upward strokes, it will cause your “peach fuzz” to stick strait up, making it more noticeable.
- Instant Eye Lift:
This quick and easy illusion will give you an instant eye life. Draw an arch directly above your eyebrow with your favorite highlighter, and blend with your finger. This makes your arch look raised, making the whole eye area look like it has been lifted.
Younique brings you high end makeup that won’t break your bank.
Younique Tips and Tricks
Click here for our current Catalog
We want you to love your Younique Products! If you don’t, we’ve got you covered. Click on the pic for details.